Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sundays at Tiffany's


I picked this up at the library thinking that it might be a quick fun read, fluffy but fun, until I get some of the bestsellers I want to review. James Patterson has a book on the bestseller list and I thought that this would be a good substitute for now. It seemed like a sweet story at first, something that would be appropriate for young teens, and had an interesting premise-an imaginary friend that becomes real many years later. Then I read page 108 with a paragraph with 3 f-words in it. After that it all goes downhill. The story line becomes more contrived and stilted and there are more f-words and other obscenities as well as an inappropriate sex scene. What a disappointment! If he had just cleaned it up it would have been a nice story for teens even if it is too simplistic for adults. As it is, I can't recommend it for anyone. What a waste of paper!

No comments: