Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ender's Game


I used to have absolutely no interest in science fiction until a few years ago when my sister told me about David Eddings books which I loved. I had heard about Ender's Game but just never really had any desire to read it, it just isn't my usual type of book, but when I saw this on my library's digital book list I decided to download it.
I loved this book! I can't say that it is a fun read because I listened to it but I think that listening to it made it even better.
Andrew "Ender" Wiggin thinks he is playing computer-simulated war games at the Battle School; in fact, he is engaged in something far more desperate. Ender is the result of decades of genetic experimentation, Earth's attempt to make the military genius that the planet needs in its all-out war with an alien enemy. Ender Wiggin is six years old when his training begins. He will grow up fast. Ender's two older siblings, Peter and Valentine, are every bit as unusual as he is, but in very different ways. Between the three of them lie the abilities to remake a world-if the world survives.
This isn't a book that you could possibly have figured out the ending halfway through the book. It keeps you anxious to know what is going to happen next. I got irritated with my family for trying to talk to me while I was listening to it and I highly recommend it! Rated PG-13 for some language-but not too bad, and violence. Really almost a PG but not quite.

No comments: