Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What I Did For Love by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Georgie York, a 31-year-old former sitcom star, is having a bad year. A divorce, 3 bad films in a row, the paparazzi won't leave her alone, life is tough. She keeps running into her very much despised former co-star who is very handsome and very self-centered. They end up in a fake marriage and after a drunken night in Las Vegas.

The author has a fun, breezy, writing style but talks way too much about sex. Way, way too much about sex. The whole premise seemed quite contrived. I mean, who ends up in a fake marriage? and decides to stay in it? I am not able to answer those questions because I didn't finish reading the book. Too much sex, too graphic, too many f-words, just couldn't read it. Sigh... I am sick of these trashy novels. Doesn't anyone write anything decent any more? Rated R.



No comments: