Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Your Heart Belongs To Me by Dean Koontz



I really was hoping that this would be a good book. It is the sort of book I like to read as a guilty pleasure, not expecting much from it, but just fun. I wish I could say that I liked it, but I really hated it. I thought it was just awful. The plot just never came together at all. He would seem to be going in one direction and then it would just fizzle out and head in another direction. It just never made any sense, the characters were flat, the ending left too many loose ends, and I found myself just wanting to be done with it.

Ryan, the wealthy good-looking nice guy who is the main character, finds out that he needs a heart transplant. He gets one and then is stalked by the sister of the heart donor. It seems like a good premise. Unfortunately, too many other plot twists are introduced and the main plot never gets fully fleshed-out.

Relatively clean for the genre, there are some swear words-mostly from his father. Some talk of sex, not too graphic, and some creepy scenes with cadavers that had nothing to do with the story, make this PG-13.

No comments: