Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Monday, March 23, 2009

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

Just looking at the cover made me think that this book would be sleazy and I wouldn't like it.
Guess I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. (Go ahead and groan, but what can I say, it fits!) And when I read the blurb I thought it would just be another (ho hum) vampire and werewolf novel that wasn't as good as the Twilight series.
I actually liked this book. Really, I did.
The only thing I didn't like was being totally lost and confused because I didn't read the first 3 books in the series. That is a definite must, you have to read them in order. The first is Moon Called, don't be put off by the cover!
Mercy Thompson is a shapeshifter which means she can change to a coyote and back at will. She inhabits a human world in the Northwest which is also full interesting creatures-not just vampires and werewolves but the fae (fairies) and elves and such. Because of what she has done in earlier books (you have to read them, I'm not going to ruin it) she has a vampire or two upset with her but she has a few on her side as well as her werewolf boyfriend and his pack.
It was actually quite clean, some swearing but not too bad, some sex but not too descriptive. If it were just a little less sexy, I would rate it PG-13 but because I am a mom of teenagers and so overly-sensitive, I would put this at PG-16 for the sexy stuff.

No comments: