Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Monday, March 16, 2009

Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich

Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter. In Plum Spooky she is searching for a geeky scientist named Martin Munch who has skipped out on bail. A guy named Diesel shows up, looking for Munch's partner named Wulf, who apparently is a paranormal who kills by turning his victim's heads around. She is also stuck with a monkey named Carl, which complicates her life further.
I know that a lot of people love the Plum books. I have heard of them for years but had not read any until this one. I don't think it was a good place to start. The book was full of crude remarks, farting, the chimp flipping everyone the bird, and just didn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. After the 3rd f-word showed up, I quit reading it and was quite relieved to be done. I was very disappointed in this book after waiting for weeks to get it from the library.
She has a light writing style and I could see how her books could be entertaining but I just couldn't stomach it. Rated R for everything mentioned previously.

No comments: