Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Sunday, March 22, 2009

True Colors by Kristin Hannah

This book should be called, "Stupid Women, Stupid Choices"

A lot of the reviews I read really liked this book, they liked the characters, they liked the plot, but I did not.

The three Grey sisters lost their mother when they were young. Their father was cold and withdrawn so they had to rely on each other. Winona is the oldest. She obsesses about her weight and her inability to please her father. She is also extremely jealous of her youngest sister. Aurora is called the peacemaker but I found her to be petty and unlikable. She is married but is unhappy and is the least fleshed-out of any of the main characters. The youngest, Vivi Ann, is extraordinarily beautiful and always sees the good in people, some of whom don't merit it. She is also flighty and self-centered.

The only character that I thought had any redeeming values was Vivi Ann's son Noah. The rest of them I thought needed to be smacked. Interesting that the youngest character is the only one worth anything. All the adults in his life had unresolved maturity issues.

Like I said, a lot of people liked this book. I think that I am just getting pickier about books the longer I do this blog. I just don't like wasting my time on books that aren't worth it.
Rated R for sex scenes and language.

No comments: