Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Monday, April 6, 2009

One Day At A Time by Danielle Steel


Meh.
If you are a Danielle Steel fan, I mean a BIG fan, then maybe you'll like this. I am not a big fan of hers.
I mean, it's not a bad book if you have nothing else to read, but I find her characterizations to be flat and her phrasing to be trite.
The main character, Coco Barrington, is nothing special despite her famous author mother and her famous producer sister, despite being raised in L.A. among all the beautiful people, despite graduating from Princeton, despite being beautiful herself, despite meeting and fallling in love with one of the most famous actors in the world (who also loves her), because she dropped out of law school and is just a dog-walker. She is a major disappointment to her family and that point is pounded in for much of the novel.
Of course, I am sure you can find something better to read, especially given that this book has waaay too much sex and at least 3 f-words. Rated R.

2 comments:

Judi Wheeldon- Activist said...

Interested in following you but I can't find a button to do so. help

Kimi said...

I am glad you are interested! I put a button at the top left side of the blog. Thanks!