Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Storm From the Shadows by David Weber


The 14th book in the Honorverse series doesn't have much to do with Honor Harrington. Instead it seems to be a transitional book that takes the series from Honor Harrington to a new storyline. Many reviews that I read of this book didn't like it and specifically mentioned not starting with it, which is exactly what I did. If you like science fiction, I think that this series would be very interesting but you would need to begin with On Basilisk Station. The series, which I have seen called both military science fiction and space opera, seems to have a very large fan base and was well-written even though I was confused through most of it. There was some profanity and I thought it was very clean until right at the end there were a couple of f-words. I don't know what the earlier books were like. Rated R.

No comments: