Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark

Natalie Raines was an up and coming Broadway actress when she discovers who murdered her roommate 20 years earlier, and gets murdered herself. The blame is placed on her ex-husband, Gregg Aldrich who is fingered by a career criminal who claims that Gregg hired him to kill his ex-wife. Emily Wallace is the prosecutor who has had a difficult time the last few years with her husband being killed in Iraq and a heart transplant, not to mention the stalker who lives next-door.
Sigh...Mary Higgins Clark just isn't the writer she used to be. This book was okay, cheesy and predictable and unbelievable but okay for a quick read, until the ending. That was just bad, I mean so bad that I can't believe that she could have written it except that the past few books I've read by her have also been really awful. Ugh.
There is nothing in this book, other than the cheesy plot and ending and contrived dialogue that I found myself rewriting in my head, that could be considered objectionable. Sure, there's a little bit of violence and a creepy stalker, but even that's minimal. No sex, no profanity, and just the little bit of violence, rated PG.

No comments: