Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Bourne Deception by Eric Van Lustbader

I first read The Bourne Identity ...wow, I'm not sure how many years ago but at least 25 years and loved it. I devoured the rest of the series by Robert Ludlum and read many of his other books as well. Since Ludlum has passed on, Eric Van Lustbader has been continuing the Bourne series. I believe that this is the 7th book, and so is the 4th that Van Lustbader has written. I haven't read any of his books before The Bourne Deception and based on this one, I don't plan to read them. It really wasn't very good. There were a lot of plot holes and disjointed action and characters that I really didn't care about much. It really wasn't the same as Ludlum's books.
The book starts out with an American Airliner being shot down by a ground-to-air missile in Egypt. The blame is soon laid on Iran and the political posturing begins. Somehow a Russian gangster is involved and Jason Bourne is targetted, I'm not sure why. It really was a mess. The language was pretty bad too with lots of f-words. It is really not a book I would suggest reading. Rated R for language.

No comments: