Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Friday, October 9, 2009

The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson

The Girl Who Played With Fire is the second book in a trilogy. The first was entitled The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. The girl being referred to in the title is Lisbeth Salander, a computer-hacking math genius who seems to have a personality disorder. She spent time in a psychatric ward as a teen and then in several foster homes. Salander is accused of the murder of two reporters after her fingerprints are found on the murder weapon. Mikael Blomkvist, another reporter whom Salander helped in the first book in the trilogy, believes in her innocence and investigates the slayings.
I didn't care for this book in the least. I found the main character, Lisbeth Salander, to be robotic and unlikeable and the book as a whole to be incredibly obscene. Lots of language, sex, and violence. What bothers me is how highly this book has been praised and in all the reviews I read no one mentioned just how obscene the book is. Disgusting. Rated NC-17 for a particular word that I wish I could forget.

No comments: