Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison

This is so not the sort of book I typically read. Not at all. But for some reason I really like it despite the language (I counted 5 f-words) and the sexual-innuendos and 1 sex scene. I used to avoid anything with vampires, werewolves, demons, etc. like the plague but I guess Twilight changed all that and now there are so many series out there that have vampires, etc. that it just seemed inevitable that I would like at least one of them. (Yes, I like Twilight too.) In the Hollows series, Black Magic Sanction is book 8, it's the characters that draw me in. I like them, I really do! Especially Jenks, the pixie who tends to be a bit crude but is very funny. No, not clean reading and full of dis-jointed storylines and plot holes, but the characters pull me in.

Rachel Morgan is a witch who is a bounty hunter. She is on the lookout for witches doing things illegally and who use black magic until she ends up using black magic too and gets shunned by the coven (the witches governing body). It's not her fault that she was kidnapped by the demon Al but the coven doesn't want to listen. They put her in Alcatraz and threaten to give her a lobotomy but she is saved by her friends, who include the pixie, demon, a vampiress, and other witches. Like I said, so not my type of book. Rated R.

No comments: