Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith

I was aware of the author's previous book, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and was appalled that someone would desecrate that wonderful book in that way. How dare he!?! So I have to say that I was more than a little skeptical when I saw that this book was on the bestseller list. Surely not! But I have decided to be open-minded about things and so I read it and was pleasantly surprised at how well done it was. Was it perfect? Not at all. However it is still something fun to read. It is written in the style of David McCullough's books (John Adams, 1776, etc.) containing journal entries interspersed with narrative. The author claims that a secret journal written by Lincoln was found and he uses these "journal" entries to put forth the assertion that Lincoln was a vampire hunter, one of the best in fact. He also claims that the real reason for eradicating slavery has to do with vampires! I actually really enjoyed reading this one and might have to give that other book a try sometime.
Very clean, nothing objectionable whatsoever except for the violence, they are killing vampires after all and the vampires themselves are pretty violent too. PG-13 for the violence.

No comments: