Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Friday, April 2, 2010

Big Girl by Danielle Steel

Why do I keep reading Danielle Steel? This book was awful! Not because of the language or anything but because it was poorly conceived and written. This "big girl" is 25 pounds overweight and a size 14/16. Somehow this ruins her life and her family is constantly pointing it out. Obviously Ms Steel, who is maybe a size 2, has no idea how much the average American weighs. And they still manage to have enjoyable lives. There were a few f-words and a couple of sex scenes but what I really found objectionable was the story line itself and Ms. Steel's poor writing. She tends to repeat the same phrases over and over. I'm not going to read her books any more. Rated R.

1 comment:

Gerbera Daisy Mom said...

Makes me glad I've NEVER read any of hers! Sorry you had to endure this one.