Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner

Honestly, I am liking young adult fiction more and more. This one was labeled as for ages 9-12 but I felt that it could appeal to anyone, and could be a bit too difficult for younger readers. It involves the same characters as her previous books (The Thief, The King of Attolia, and The Queen of Attolia) but is not considered a sequel. However, I would recommend reading the others first because I found some things a little confusing for awhile.
Sophos, who is next in line to be Sounis (the king of Sounis), finds his home suddenly attacked. He is kidnapped, beaten, and finally sold to work as a slave in the most humble of circumstances. I don't want to say too much more than that other than I found the book quite enjoyable and plan to read the others! There is some violence and a few swear words, enough for a PG rating.

No comments: