Pageshttp://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=8529290541408034723&action=editWidget&sectionId=sideba

Friday, May 6, 2011

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck


I am going to keep this a bit brief so I don't give too much away.
Kelsey, whose parents were killed in a car accident, needs a summer job.  She finds a temporary job at a small circus helping to care for a tiger.  She loves working with the tiger and when he is sold to someone in India, takes the offer to accompany him and help get him settled at his new home.
From that point, Kelsey's life changes dramatically in unexpected ways.

I have to admit that I read this in a very short amount of time.  I didn't really care that it was not particularly well-written, I really liked the story line and the escapist, fluff-filled aspect of it. So sue me.  I like to escape now and then.
It is the 1st in a trilogy and yes, I am looking forward to reading the next one which comes out in June, yay!  (Oh, I feel my teenage self showing up again.)
There really wasn't much other than some kissing and some violence that could be considered objectionable.  I'm not going to suggest it to my 10 year old daughter because I don't want her thinking too much about kissing and romance yet but it would be clean enough for her to read.  Rated PG.

No comments: